Wednesday, November 19, 2008

blog three

I was reading the outdoors section of the star tribune and noticed some people wearing bright, neon orange outfits. I read it because my dad and brother hunt, so I became interested. Since the law in Minnesota has changed and now ten and eleven year olds can hunt, a little boy, named Nick Dryer joined his dad and thirteen year old brother's hunting group. Their group had hunted together for the past thirty years and Nick had always wanted to hunt with them from age five. Nick and his family are from Victoria and hunt near Brainerd. (Which is right by my cabin!) Anyways, Nick shot this eight-point, 200-pound buck on the opening morning. He took only ONE shot from his 270-caliber rifle, and this was the biggest buck the group had ever seen! "It was a pretty exciting experience for all of us", said his dad. I think this is incredible, especially because I have never heard or seen a buck that large, and also this boy, Nick, is only eleven years old... quite frankly in my opinion that is a very young age to be hunting.
"FIRST TIME IS A CHARM, apparently."

No comments: