Sunday, December 14, 2008

blog nine

You know those days where you are craving some particular food, but know that is probably one of the most unheathiest foods ever? Well I have those days alot and I'm not going to lie, I love FOOD! I read an article on the internet about America's Worst Mall Foods. Studies have shown that the more temptation people resist, the harder it becomes to continue resisting. Just a statistic, in the food court at the resturant Panda Express, you can get orange chicken with 500 calories, 27g of fat and 42carbs in it. Now that doesn't sound too, too bad, but once you add your sides and extra chicken and rice with that, you're looking at about 75 percent of your daily needs. For just ONE meal! Is that really worth it? It defiantely could be on occasion or once in a while, but healthier choices are ALWAYS better.
Stat: The worst slice of pizza is from Sbarro. One slice of their pepperoni pizza is 810 calories and they didn't even put the grams of fat or carbs/sodium because I'm guessing it is so high!
Worst Breakfast: one carmel pecanbun for Cinnabon is 1,100 calories and 141 carbs
Worst Mall food in America: From quiznos the large tuna melt with dressing and cheese is 1,820 calories with 85g carbs and 147g fat. yikes!


Sorry if I ruined anyone eating at the mall's food court again, but I just thought it was interesting to actually see what we were intaking from these fast-food places. When we get hungry at the mall, this is what we go for, or just even "oh that looks good!" "I want that!" It's tempting I know!

No comments: