Monday, January 12, 2009

Blog Fourteen

"Though perhaps there ought to be a box for people to check, or not check, on their body donor form: okay to use me for cosmetic purposes"
I just wanted to explain this quote... Would you want to be a donor for cosmetic purposes??
Well, i wouldn't neccesssairly want to be a donor/cadaver to be worked on and practice nose jobs to, and face lifts. i would rather check that box before i die to be a donor for my organs. i haven't yet gotten my license or permit, however when i do i am planning on being a donor. I mean why wouldn't you donate your organs to a person who is trying to survive and live through surgery, rather than not doing anything with them, and possibly going to waste.
I though this little paragraph part in the book was funny...
"*i am a believer in organ and tissue (bone, cartilage, skin) donation, but was startled to learn that donated skin that isn't used for, say, grafting onto burn victims may be processed and used cosmetically to plump up wrinkles and aggrandize penises. while i have no preconceived notions of the hereafter, i stand firm in my conviction that it should not take the form of someone else's underpants."

No comments: